For two centuries, Holy Trinity Church has been a prominent feature on the Huddersfield skyline.
- A place of worship
- A place of welcome and community
- A place of service to our community and the world
As we move into our third century as a Christian community we recognise that it is our turn to invest in the future of Holy Trinity Church and to seek the growth of God’s Kingdom here in Huddersfield.
In 2017 we launched our ‘Above and Beyond’ initiative which aims to raise more than £250,000 by 2021 to establish a stable and secure foundation for our ongoing ministry and witness.
Investing in our building, mission and ministry as we seek to make committed followers of Jesus and share His transforming love
So where are we now?
By the end of 2018 we will have raised around £128,000 towards our £250,000 target, with a further £38,000 in donations pledged up until 2021. This has mainly been through the generosity of the congregation along with a number of small grants and legacies and Gift Aid. A substantial amount of the money raised is being used to help fund the salaries of our part-time Worship and Student Minister & Children and Families Minister. It has also enabled us to appoint and fund a part-time Youth Minister to further develop our work with Young People and their families. Other things that have or will be funded are:
- A contribution to the costs of renewing the south side roof (mainly funded by a separate large Heritage Lottery grant)
- New Lighting in the main worship area
- Installation of an intruder alarm and CCTV
- A new pump for the heating boiler.
- A new Keyboard for the Worship band
- Undertaking an audit of our local community to identify needs and how we might contribute to meeting these needs
In terms of supporting local and overseas mission, donations to Above & Beyond have enabled us to give £9,500 to our mission partners so far. This is in addition to our regular giving to our mission partners (10% of our unrestricted regular giving).
We are grateful to God and all those donating so far – 60% of our planned total has been raised. But there is still more to do! See below for how you can get involved or speak to one of the Church Wardens or Clergy.
How can I get involved?
Give now via BACS:
‘Holy Trinity PCC’
Sort Code: 40-51-62
Acc No: 53864258