Although legal restrictions in England have been lifted, our PCC has agreed to retain certain measures for services in our church building. This is in recognition of ongoing risks of transmission of the virus particularly in busy indoor spaces as well as a desire that all who wish to attend can feel safe to do so. These include an expectation and recommendation that face masks continue to be worn by all adults attending (unless exempt) and social distancing being maintained. We will continue to facilitate social distancing by seats remaining well-spaced apart. Further details are listed below
Please note: we are no longer asking people to pre-book places.
Detailed guidance for attending services in church.
- Please do not attend if you have been advised to isolate or shield or if you have or suspect you may have any symptoms of Covid-19
- In line with guidance there is an expectation and recommendation that face masks continue to be worn by all adults whilst in the church building (unless exempt)
- Social distancing should be maintained. We will continue to facilitate social distancing by seats remaining well-spaced apart.
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands when entering. If you prefer to bring your own hand sanitizer we will ask you to sanitise your hands in front of the person on duty
- Though no longer a legal requirement, for those who wish to, there is a facility to check in at church and provide contact details for potential track and trace purposes. This information may be shared with Public Health England if required for potential contact tracing purposes. If you have the NHS Covid-19 app on your phone you can check in using our venue QR code.
- For Communion there will be no shared cup (communion wine) – individual wafers will be given. You will be requested to sanitise your hands again before taking communion (sanitiser will be available).
- Our services will include some musical worship led by our worship band. Congregational singing is now permitted but we expect and recommend that face masks continue to be worn at all times (unless exempt).
- Doors and windows will remain open throughout and toilets will be available but should be cleaned afterwards.
- We are no longer asking people to exit immediately after the service and people are welcome to socialise in the main church and welcome lounge but we would ask people to continue to respect social distancing and avoid crowding.
- We are not serving refreshments at the moment but please feel free to bring your own for consumption after the service.