Even though we are unable to hold Sunday services at the current time we are able to open the church for Evening and Morning prayer for a number of sessions each week. The church will be open at the following times each week.
- Sundays 3.30 pm – Evening Prayer
- Tuesdays 10.30 am – Morning Prayer
Morning and Evening prayer are simple services, lasting about 30 minutes, that provide an ideal opportunity to meet with God in the sacred and peaceful space of our church building. They include bible readings, praying a psalm together and a brief time of intercession. They may include some music to listen to but there is no singing.
You can also join us on our Facebook page for Live prayers each week as follows:
- Wednesday 8.00pm – Night Prayer – download the service order
- Thursday 9.15 am – Morning Prayer – download the service order
Things to note for attending prayer services at Church:
- Please do not attend if you have been advised to socially isolate or shield or if you have or suspect you may have any symptoms of Covid-19
- Social distancing (2m) will be required at all times – except for families living together or those in an existing support bubble together
- Face coverings should be worn (from 8 August this is compulsory by law) – please bring your own
- Children are welcome, but parents/guardians must ensure they maintain social distancing and respect others while praying – keeping noise to a minimum. Children are not allowed to ‘roam’.
- Only the Main worship space will be accessible – entry will be via the main entrance & Welcome Area – all doors will remain open throughout
- Toilets will be open on request but must be cleaned afterwards.
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands when entering.
- If you prefer to bring your own hand sanitizer we will ask you to sanitise your hands in front of the person on duty
- If you wish to light a candle (these will be available) please ensure your hand sanitiser is not alcohol based
- After sanitising your hands you will be asked to sign in at each session – including providing contact details. This information may be shared with Public Health England if required for potential contact tracing purposes.
- Please enter and exit in silence
- If you wish to have a socially distanced conversation please do this quietly outside away from the main path and entrance – please do not congregate in the Welcome Area or entrance lobby
- A maximum of 20 chairs will be placed at least 2 metres apart in the main worship area – which will be replaced and sanitised afterwards.
- If capacity is exceeded you may be asked to queue quietly outside, maintaining social distance, until someone leaves