A great opportunity to work with us!
A vision to share Jesus with Young People in Huddersfield
Our vision at Holy Trinity is “to make committed followers of Jesus, and to share his transforming love”. As part of this vision we are passionate about sharing the good news of Jesus with Young People in our town. Whilst our existing youth ministry is relatively modest, we have an excellent team of committed volunteers, and are already bucking the local trend for fruitful engagement with young people, with many Anglican churches locally having no direct input into young people’s lives. We want to rise to the challenge and to realise the huge potential there is to invest even more in this area of ministry, and so we have a growing vision to see many more young people in our town encounter the love of Jesus and become his followers. We also want to bless our town (especially the local places of education) and be a resource to the wider church.
With this in mind we are stepping out in faith, not just to maintain what we already have but to go even further in sharing Christ with teenagers in our town. Therefore we are now seeking to appoint a full-time Youth Minister to take a lead in enabling us to share the Gospel with and amongst youth in Huddersfield.
You can find out more about Holy Trinity by browsing our website.
Youth Minister Post (closing date: midday 29 June 2022)
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Youth Minister who, in the power of the Spirit can oversee and develop our ministry with young people aged 11-18 yrs. This will include:
- Growing and developing our work amongst the young people in our church (many from Christian families) and their non-Christian friends.
- Exploring and initiating new ministry and outreach to some of the 20,000+ young people aged between 11-18 yrs. here in Huddersfield.
- Working collaboratively to support and grow the youth ministry team and to develop the overall vision and strategy for our youth ministry.
We would expect the successful applicant to be fully committed to ministry amongst young people within the church AND to evangelism and outreach to young people who are not yet connected with church. The Youth Minister would join our existing staff team, be committed to worshipping with us each week, and join a midweek Life Group. As a church, we are committed to supporting, encouraging and investing in the successful applicant, recognising that none of us are the finished article. Our priority will be that your personal development and your own relationship with Jesus continue to flourish and thrive as you serve in this role with us at Holy Trinity.
The post holder will need to embody the following qualities:
- LEADERSHIP – someone with the clear gift of leadership, who with humility and courage is able to prayerfully discern and articulate vision, and is equipped to gather, invest in and grow a team of leaders.
- DISCIPLESHIP – someone who will enable young people to experience God, grow deeper in their relationship with him, and encounter his love in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- RELATIONSHIP – someone who is able to connect authentically and deeply with people (both young people and adults) – an encourager, a good listener, a confident and compassionate people-person.
- ENERGY & PASSION – someone with a clear sense of vocation and calling from God to ministry with and amongst young people, which will motivate and sustain them through the inevitable challenges and demands of ministry.
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week).
Salary: £20,000 – £23,000* dependent on skills and/or experience
* inflationary pay increase due September 2022
In accordance with the Equality Act 2010 there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement that the post holder is a Christian. All appointments are subject to acceptable pre-appointment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Check.
Please note: Holy Trinity Huddersfield is not registered as a UK Home Office Licensed Sponsor for work visas for overseas applicants. If you do not have the right to work in the UK please contact us before applying – email@example.com